Monday, February 18, 2008

Last week in Kotka

Beats and Styles rolled into the Sokos Hotel in Kotka and delivered the usual all action party for the 70 or so very drunk guests. Control was at his outrageous best and was either towering over the audience up on the crowd barriers or writhing on the floor. I had a bit of backing tape confusion and got to enjoy using the famous orange B&S strat thing for most of the set, after unusually breaking a string - the key third string - very important for that Invitation to the Dancefloor funky disco chord riff. There was good action in the solo spots - of course Charles brought the house down with Crazy as ever. 

Unfortunately it ended on a bit of a low note. There are so many gigs coming up in the next few months and there is a big new shiny set to learn and rehearse - because I am going away the new guitarist needs to learn the stuff. So, it was my last gig. Of course I am gutted but also it was expected. I am just so grateful to Jaakko for bringing me in and giving such an amazing experience. I cannot speak highly enough of him. As a performer, writer and producer his work speaks for itself. But it is his energy, enthusiasm , drive and humour that make him so special and such a great guy to be around. Thanks also to Ernie for making it happen for me. I really have been blessed to get to work with more talented people. Man that Charles can sing...

No comments: