Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Welcome to the FunkiDeli blog

Like all the best plans, we changed it.

The start of 2008 was going to herald the launch of Delicatessen Music & Marketing; a vehicle to better enable me to balance my daily working life and my knowledge, experience and interests. For the time being though music management, consultancy and licensing, and marketing planning will have to wait.

It is with great thanks to our sponsor that we can announce that, from the end of March 2008, Miss Deli and I will be undertaking the DEliTOUR; a round the world journey, taking in thirty countries, the best part of a year and, of course, the world’s greatest delicatessens... probably.

It is sad for us to be leaving behind friends and family. And also heart rending for Miss Deli to be leaving such a great place to work. I am abandoning the best live band I have ever had the opportunity to play with, and one of the most exciting musical opportunities I have been given.

That said, our sadness will be probably be tempered by some of the distractions of travelling. And, course, this may be one of those once-in-a-lifetime opportunities that people often refer to.

Hopefully this blog can help us stay in touch, help our friends come and find us, give you a chance to berate us, and generally give us another record of our journey.

MC Delicatessen

No comments: