Monday, March 17, 2008

The long goodbye

We have been busy saying goodbye. Miss Deli has been to France to say goodbye to her dad and his family and I have been to England to say goodbye to my mum, step-mum and some of my English friends. I also got some great tips and picked up a few essential items, as well as raiding my mum's travel gear from when she was in Nepal. And I found my old mosquito net that we used in 2001 and the re-treatment kit I bought back then.

Then at the weekend we had a party at Loop and Lostari. It was quite a low turnout (you know who you are!) but it was nice that it was relaxing for us. And we got some more great gifts (head torch, moleskins and 'kossu' long johns - all stuff on the list:)) as well as Jonhy Wee. It has been a bit of a strange week as we have both been ill - I am convinced it is pre-travel nerves - though we got the great news on Friday that the flat is rented for the whole year! So now we can really relax. In fact we have reached that point that, even with all the planning, as long as we leave the house on Sunday with our tickets and passports, everything else is a bonus.

This week there is Ernie's birthday on Thursday and the magnificent Beats & Styles at On The Rocks on Friday. And we will spending the rest of the week eating our favourite Finnish food while we still can - Oltermanni, Iguana pizza, Lio's fish, rye bread - we're gonna miss it.

Three songs about goodbyes
#3 Goodbye, Shady ("To everything I know, everything I need to let go" - I will post this here soon)
#2 Last Goodbye, Jeff Buckley ("Did you say 'no, this cant happen to me'")
#1 Singing My Song, Christina Aguilera ("Take the time to look at what is mine")

1 comment:

MC Deli said...

The dates are not exact! Except Santiago-Auckland which we have booked.