Saturday, November 15, 2008

FunkiDeli Vs FunkyDelhi beef

I, uberlord of FunkiDelia, would like to make a statement to the effect that we (FunkiDeli Inc.) have nothing to do with the imposters who have taken the www.funkideli.com URL for their Funky Delhi festival. This could cause some confusion to my regular readers, particularly those in the UK, who may have come across the new Funky Delhi festival. I find it quite bizarre and coincidental that someone should use Funky Delhi a year after I put up the FunkiDeli - but then the dot.fi suffix is maybe not the first one you would check. When I tried to get Funkideli.com it had gone so maybe these guys were planning their site at the same time that I made mine.

Beyond the name shenangians I should point out that these guys seem pretty cool. In fact, we rather like it that their mission is after our own hearts, as they say:

"Our purpose is to spread diversified cultural expressions, joining together new talent with old and uniting together into one tribe. Magical lighting creates transdimentional visual experiences both inside and outside our mystical saddlespan. Poetic inspirations fused with acoustics by day….. mythology and full on parties by night!"

I couldn't have put it better myself. I should consult with them really though because I know that the best way to avoid transcendental saddlesore is to ensure that the transmogrification* of the rainbow bridge takes place under water. I would also junk the old talent in favour of greater focus on my own mythocrisy - but that's just me and my insular world!

*Transmogrication is the art of turning musical energy into space flight energy as devised and perfected by Sun Ra.

No comments: